HEIGHT 5'6" WEIGHT 148 lbs
Follow Shelby on Twitter @shelbs1690
Shelby Williamson was born on Friday, November 16, 1990 in Urbana, Illinois. The native of Colorado Springs, Colorado attended the University of Kansas, where she graduated with a bachelor's degree in exercise science. While at Kansas, Shelby was a four year member and a three year captain of the women's soccer team as a midfielder and defender. She started every game and recorded the most minutes on the team during the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons. Her freshman year, she scored seven goals and was named the KU Rookie of the Year. Following her senior campaign, Williamson was named the KU Defensive Player of the Year and was awarded the Heart and Soul Award. For more information on her athletic background, visit her KU bio.
Williamson was first introduced to the sport of bobsled when someone saw a video of her lifting at the NSCA. It was at this moment, she was referred to try out at a combine. She attended a combine in Colorado Springs and was invited to rookie camp later that year.
- She is an avid dancer... see videos on her social media for confirmation/ask fellow bobsledders (of various countries).
- She participated in photo and video shoot for NSCA's Essential's of Strength and Conditioning Volume 4 (see textbook, December 2015).
- She thoroughly enjoys doing puzzles and playing board games.
- She once ate six donuts before a soccer game one time and scored three goals.
- 2015-2016 North American Cup for pilot Maureen Ajoku - 10th in Calgary #1 (11/15)
- 2014-2015 North American Cup for pilot Brittany Reinbolt - 13th in Calgary #1 (12/14); 8th in Calgary #2 (12/14); SILVER in Park City #1 (2/15); SILVER in Park City #2 (2/15)
- 2014-2015 North American Cup for pilot Maureen Ajoku - 8th in Lake Placid #1 (1/15); DNS in Lake Placid #2 (1/15)