Southern Methodist University
HEIGHT 6'1" WEIGHT 225 lbs.
Follow him on Twitter @Moreira_Lou, Instagram at LouMoreira and on Facebook by searching "Lou Moreira Team USA."
Luis Moreira was born on Aug. 14, 1983 in Somerville, Mass. Prior to bobsledding, he was a professional bodybuilder, played football and ran track — he still holds the Massachusetts high school state record in hurdles, which he broke in 2001. He also earned the title of Texas State Bodybuilding Champion in 2014.
Moreira attended Southern Methodist University, receiving his bachelor’s degree in applied physiology and sport management before earning his master’s at the University of Southern California. He also completed six years of service in the United States Army before enrolling at SMU. Olympian Steve Langton, a longtime friend of Moreira’s, approached him about trying bobsled, and he began training for the sport in March 2015.
-If he could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, he would choose George Washintgon, Napoleon Hill and his wife, Jennifer.
-His favorite movie is Gladiator.
-His favorite song is the Star Spangled Banner.
World Championship Highlights:
- 2017 Team Event- 10th in Koenigssee (2/17)
World Cup Highlights:
- 2016-2017 Four-Man for pilot Codie Bascue - 25th in Igls (2/17); 20th in PyeongChang (3/17)
- 2016-2017 Two-Man for pilot Codie Bascue - 10th in PyeongChang (3/17)
- 2016-2017 Four-Man for pilot Justin Olsen - 12th in Lake Placid (12/16); 18th in Winterberg (1/17); 19th in St. Moritz (1/17); 26th in Koenigssee (1/17)
North America's Cup Highlights:
- 2016-2017 Four-Man with pilot Justin Olsen - BRONZE in Calgary #1 (11/16); SILVER in Calgary #2 (11/16)