Jan 3, 1987
HEIGHT 5'6" WEIGHT 155 lbs
Follow Adugin on Twitter @Seun_MsAmazing and on Facebook by searching "M. Seun Adigun"!
M. Seun Adigun was born in Chicago, Ill. on Sat., Jan. 3, 1987. The native of Evanston, Ill. grew up playing every sport she could get her hands on from flag football to tennis. She was an avid basketball player and track and field athlete in high school. She gained much more attention for her sprinting and hurdling ability, so her senior year in high school she focused primarily on track. Adigun earned a scholarship to the University of Houston, where she was a member of the women's track and field team. She competed for the Cougars all four years of undergrad, ending her collegiate career with All-American status and a bronze medal finish at the NCAA Outdoor Championships. Adigun graduated from Houston with a degree in exercise science with a concentration in health professions and a minor in psychology. She furthered her education, obtaining her master's degree in physical education.
She went on to run track professionally, representing the country of Nigeria in the 100m hurdles and the 4x100m relay. Her track and field career after competing in the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Adigun is a three-time Nigerian National Champion and a two-time African Continental Champion.
She had many track and field friends who made the switch from track to bobsled and after the 2014 Winter Olympic Games, something in her heart wanted urged her to get back into training for redemption on an Olympic stage. Her mind was not willing to return to hurdling, but for some reason it found interest in winter sports. After having a couple conversations with a few women that she knew on the bobsled team, she was convinced that bobsled would be her best move.
- She is addicted to chocolate chip cookies, particularly fresh baked Nestle cookies and chocolate candy.
- She LOVES to cook, dance, sing and play brain teasers, especially Words With Friends and puzzles.
- She was an assistant coach at the University of Houston for five years and still serves as a volunteer coach. Go Coogs!
- She is currently a student at Texas Chiropractic College, pursuing a Doctorate of Chiropractic.
- Her first love is basketball. She was seriously convinced she would be the first female to dunk as a senior in high school at the height of 5'5". Her dream was to play in the NBA, not the WNBA!
- 2015-2016 World Cup with pilot Brittany Reinbolt - 9th in Park City (1/16)
- 2015-2016 North American Cup with pilot Nicole Vogt - GOLD in Park City #1 (2/16); BRONZE in Park City #2 (2/16)
- 2015-2016 North American Cup with pilot Brittany Reinbolt - 6th in Calgary #1 (11/15); SILVER in Calgary #2 (11/15)